My family

My family
2023

Sunday, April 3, 2011

The beginnings of my blogging

I wrote the following almost a year ago. In fact, my first few posts are going to be things I wrote over the past year and had as notes on FB. I was writing them often enough I decided to give this blogging thing a try. Thanks for reading.


"Good" Friday

by Stacie Rockhill on Friday, April 2, 2010 at 9:24pm
I sit here tonight with a tone on my mind. Maybe one of my friends will read this and offer me some wise words....
"Good" Friday.... In a historic sense, yes, today was a good yet sad day. Nearly 2 thousand years ago, Jesus, Son of God and man, died on the cross to pay the penalty for our sin so we might go to heaven and have eternal life with God.
Today was a "good" day for my family. we got some chores done, had a hike and a picnic, a campfire and ice cream and went to church to remember the gift Christ gave us with his sacrifice. But was it really that good, and if it was why am I typing with a ton on my mind/heart tonight?
Tonight I am thinking about my friends who did not have a "good" friday. The friend who is starting raditation or the friend who got the report "it's malignant". I am thinking of my friends who are facing personal struggles with relationships and the future. I am thinking of the people I care about who aren't having a "good" day.....
So what do you do when someone you care about is struggling and you are hundreds or thousands of mile away? What do you do when the person who is struggling is nearby but too proud to ask for or take your help. What do you do when you watch those in your home struggle with problems big or small?
I am going to do all that I know how. That is offer my help, maybe even give it even if it's not requested and PRAY.
I don't understand why bad things happen to good people. I never will. But I do understand that those same bad things can help us to grow stronger and/or draw us nearer to God.
So tonight... my friends (and some of you know who you are, some of you don't). I am praying for you and wishing I could be there to hold you or cook for you or help you in some way. I am hoping you go to bed tonight thinking tonight WAS a "good Friday"

No comments:

Post a Comment