My family

My family
2023

Sunday, January 1, 2023

Dancing in the Rain

image credit unknown (found on Pinterest)


It's been a beautiful autumn. Record warm temps, sunny days and gorgeous reds, yellows and oranges everywhere I turn. I have been finding comfort in the the sun and warmth and colors because even during a great season, there are days that are stormy, cold and grey. During those days and storms, I just want to stay snuggled under a warm blanket and hide from the world. 
My life has been like that too. Some days are beautiful full of love, laughter, feelings of joy and satisfaction. Other days, life's "storms" have me feeling sad, overwhelmed or like a failure. My family (defined as people I love not just blood) is facing all sorts of storms. These physical, emotional and financial storms make me feel helpless and at times I have struggled to find hope. But storms (real and figurative) don't last and in the midst of the storms we find one another, support one another and hopefully take turns giving one another hope. Then one day, something happens and the sun returns. 
I started this entry months ago. Since then the seasons have changed but the message of this entry is still the same. When you find yourself in the midst of a storm, find others that can help you through AND remember that the storm won't last. 

No comments:

Post a Comment