My family

My family
2023

Sunday, January 1, 2023

Goodbye 2022

I think my favorite time of day is the early morning when the sun has just risen. I often sit with a cup of coffee soaking in the quiet sounds of rain, wind, birds and so on. I don't know when I started to enjoy this quiet time but somewhere in my journey it has become precious to me. 
This morning marks a new year beginning so naturally my thoughts have been reflective, thinking about the year that has past. Honestly, I can't recall being more relieved to see a year end and I am not sure why. The last 5+ years have all had their share of challenges, heartbreaks and disappointments but 2022 just feels like it was harder than the others. Our family (once again defined as loved ones not genetics) has been battling Alzheimer's, Cancer, Covid and a list of other physical health struggles. Loved ones and I are dealing with mental health struggles including anxiety and depression. There have been financial struggles and job changes in addition to life changes of having "an empty nest". There have been sad goodbyes as loved ones have passed away. 
The past year hasn't been all bad. We celebrated holidays and graduations. We traveled to far corners of the country (Florida and California). We laughed. We leaned on one another. 
I don't have an expectations for 2023. I don't have a "word" to focus on or a goal or resolution. I am just ready for change. I am ready for that silver lining, rainbow after the storm or light at the end of the tunnel. I have a prayer for strength, growth and peace that helped me through 2022 and that will carry me into 2023. I pray for these things for my friends and family that might read this too. 
Goodbye 2022 and Welcome 2023. I look forward to seeing what you bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment